Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all my seahorse tank is getting overrun my green algae however recently there is this black spot algae mold and it’s worrying
Me!! Any thoughts

BF66F563-4923-48D3-AABC-97E38015D014.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all my seahorse tank is getting overrun my green algae however recently there is this black spot algae mold and it’s worrying
Me!! Any thoughts

View attachment 3131617
It just looks like the algae is building up and getting thicker, I wouldn't be too worried

I think you should scrape your glass a bit more, cleaners don't clean up on the glass as much as other surfaces.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just looks like the algae is building up and getting thicker, I wouldn't be too worried

I think you should scrape your glass a bit more, cleaners don't clean up on the glass as much as other surfaces.
Hello exactly what I did! I scraped it off and added 2 cerith snails. I was first worried that scrapping off the algae would cause harmful fluctuations in the water and I wasn’t sure?!!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello exactly what I did! I scraped it off and added 2 cerith snails. I was first worried that scrapping off the algae would cause harmful fluctuations in the water and I wasn’t sure?!!
Nope. Scraping it off is fine. Also, cerith mostly clean the sandbed. If thats all the CUC you have you may want to get more.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Scraping it off is fine. Also, cerith mostly clean the sandbed. If thats all the CUC you have you may want to get more.
I just have a sand sifter and sexy shrimp and 2 bumble snails. No other CUC this is a DWARF seahorse tank and I’m unsure what other CUC would be safe with these little dwarf seahorses?

Gman83

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have a sand sifter and sexy shrimp and 2 bumble snails. No other CUC this is a DWARF seahorse tank and I’m unsure what other CUC would be safe with these little dwarf seahorses?
Check out Alyssa’s sea horse savy. While I don’t have sea horses, I have bought some snails and a mushroom coral from them. Aside from sea horse, they sell everything that tends to be sea horse safe/friendly. They have a good selection of cuc.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ecotech Marine
Back