Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with lighting one of these types of tanks? Got this to start my budget nano reef. The top sucks, but I like the tank. I am in-market to upgrade my lighting and have heard amazing reviews on AI Prime 16 from both forums and my LFS. Tank dimensions are 24 x 13 x 16 inches. The top has cutouts for the light that came with it, a small hole upper left hand corner for heater, and thing rectangular cutout for my HOB filter. Appreciate if anyone has experience with this. Would love to purchase before the weekend.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with lighting one of these types of tanks? Got this to start my budget nano reef. The top sucks, but I like the tank. I am in-market to upgrade my lighting and have heard amazing reviews on AI Prime 16 from both forums and my LFS. Tank dimensions are 24 x 13 x 16 inches. The top has cutouts for the light that came with it, a small hole upper left hand corner for heater, and thing rectangular cutout for my HOB filter. Appreciate if anyone has experience with this. Would love to purchase before the weekend.

It should work, but for better-led spread (even coverage) you may want to look into pushing two Kessil A80s with the spectral controller.

Upvote 0

Imaexpat2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this tank is the standard sized 20H then you might find that while the AI Prime is a great light you might need two of them as light coverage will leave a little to be desired. Two Kessil A80 Tuna Blues might be a better bet dollar for dollar. Might wanna look at reef brites too in the 24 inch models they offer a 50/50 strip and actinic only strips and using a combo of 2-3 of these might do the job you need and still come in at a reasonable price point for you.

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back