Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are like me, you have been looking forward to the availability of SeaTak adhesive for a variety of reasons. Mine is primarily because my fish seem to take offense at some of my coral placements and often decide to redecorate on their own. I have tried all of the suggestions like superglue gels, fast drying gels and what has been the most successful, which is the sandwich method of epoxy in between layers of super glue gel. While this has worked fine for most of my coral placements, there are a few that are continually "repositioned" by fish.
So when I started reading about SeaTak I was hoping that it would be the solution. So after receiving a shipment today I wanted to start a review by giving my initial thoughts "before" using it and then come back and give post use thoughts. Realize that I am a natural skeptic and will attempt to be neutral and tell it like it is.

Initial concerns:

Applicator gun came with no instructions.
Don't want this to be similar to a caulking gun where after one use it plugs up. Think I have the solution but will have to see after using.

Instructions state:
Soft set = 0-60 min Semi- firm set 60 min- 6 hours Hard set 6 hours to 4 days.

‘ Sea Tak will withstand a gentle current immediately and it will withstand a tice change within a couple of hours of curing. By the next day, Sea Tak will have a 50%-80% cure and will continue to strengthen throughout the week".

My concern here is whether or not it will be "fish proof" soon enough.

Value:
Sea Tak 56gr = 19.99 = 34 cents per gr

Poly lab = 100g 34.99 = 35 cents per gram

Pleasantly surprised here. Compared to the popular 25 pack of 4 gram PL tubes because they are what I use and are popular. I am sure some of you have a less expensive source but that is not the point. If it works just as well or better as super glue and is comparably priced then it is a no brainer to me.

Here is what $110 buys you:
1678998770695.png

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Oldreefer44

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am i safe to assume it's just another 2 part epoxy? I honestly know nothing of the product. If it works better then SG, and JB water weld, I might be in for it.
No it is one part in a tube like silicone caulking would be in.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Oldreefer44

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still using sporadically but so far not finding it any better than other methods. IMO, it does not stick well to wet surfaces and because it takes several hours to cure if you have a fish that likes to redecorate then it isn't really practical. If you are using with dry rock etc. then IMO, it works well when given 24 hours to fully cure. So for aqua scaping..... great, for mounting corals or rock in water......not so much.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still using sporadically but so far not finding it any better than other methods. IMO, it does not stick well to wet surfaces and because it takes several hours to cure if you have a fish that likes to redecorate then it isn't really practical. If you are using with dry rock etc. then IMO, it works well when given 24 hours to fully cure. So for aqua scaping..... great, for mounting corals or rock in water......not so much.
thats a bit disappointing. Was hoping it would be better than the super glue + epoxy combo for gluing frags under water.

AS

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

General consensus seems not very good.

jft

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probally more hype than real world results as in most products on the aquarium market

laconic

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought some at Reef A Palooza and found it super hard to get to stick to wet surfaces. I even took the rock out of thank as I had many frags to mount. I tried all the methods they showed in the booth and watch the youtube videos.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Oldreefer44

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to sum it up, after trying it in every application I can think of, it only works well when both pieces are totally dry. Does not work under water even on slightly wet surfaces. Also, the applicators sup[plied do not really work except for the gun.

Roatan Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to sum it up, after trying it in every application I can think of, it only works well when both pieces are totally dry. Does not work under water even on slightly wet surfaces. Also, the applicators sup[plied do not really work except for the gun.
I bought some at Reef A Palooza and found it super hard to get to stick to wet surfaces. I even took the rock out of thank as I had many frags to mount. I tried all the methods they showed in the booth and watch the youtube videos.
Same here...I got duped at Reefpalooza...watched the demo for dry plugs and frags...and was amazed.

Get home excited to try it on the 4 frags I bought....it was a complete mess....oozed everywhere when placing frags on rock, frags didn't stick, made a huge mess in tank, was pretty much worthless. The 1 or 2 that did stick fell off the next day...so just re glued with Seachem glue as usual.

I was so impressed, I bought the $30 tube too. I almost want a refund

OldReliable

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not one to post about anything, but this Seatak is worthless for placing corals in the tank. ZERO adhesion to anything that is wet. Works only for mounting to DRY frag plugs. It doesn't even adhere well to the frag either.

I don't mount frag plugs into my tank, so I will try mounting to dry rock rubble then super glue the rubble to the aquascape.

Buyer beware!

Nutramar Foods
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back