Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, got a sea hare about a week ago. The guy was eating and moving with 100% no issues, I added a chemi-pure blue bag to the tank a day ago and today the hare is dead. All other inverts are fine, wondering what woulda caused it to die while everything else is fine, only thing i figure is the bag caused parameters to change too quickly.

BRS

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if Chemi-Pure blue is the culprit or if it was simple coincidence, but Chemi-pure blue is supposedly a mix of activated carbon and DI resin. DI resin would be very quickly depleted in sea water and generally has no purpose to be used there. I am trying to avoid products which claim too much. Browsing internet I found somebody complaining that mushroom demised after putting a bag of chemi-pure blue into the tank.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if Chemi-Pure blue is the culprit or if it was simple coincidence, but Chemi-pure blue is supposedly a mix of activated carbon and DI resin. DI resin would be very quickly depleted in sea water and generally has no purpose to be used there. I am trying to avoid products which claim too much. Browsing internet I found somebody complaining that mushroom demised after putting a bag of chemi-pure blue into the tank.
Makes sense, i always used elite without any issues at all but tried this blue and had a death, my urchin is pretty stressed as well and may be otw out sadly

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back