Scoly Dying

kozzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone, I am really not sure whats going on with my scoly. Ive had it for about a month and after the first few days it started to look like it does now. Ill drop my parametres below but I don't believe anything there should be the cause especially since everything else in my tank is doing really well at the moment. Initially it was on the sand and I thought it was getting too much light or flow so I put it where it is now but it's still not doing well. I also feed it mysis or reef roids twice a week in the morning or after lights out.

Alk - 8.5-8.7
Nitrate - 10.8
phosphate 0.08-0.1
calcium 435
mag 1425
salinity - 1.026
Temp 77-79

IMG_3036.JPG

Sumbub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe there's not enough flow there? What happened to make you think it was too much light for the scoly?

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone, I am really not sure whats going on with my scoly. Ive had it for about a month and after the first few days it started to look like it does now. Ill drop my parametres below but I don't believe anything there should be the cause especially since everything else in my tank is doing really well at the moment. Initially it was on the sand and I thought it was getting too much light or flow so I put it where it is now but it's still not doing well. I also feed it mysis or reef roids twice a week in the morning or after lights out.

Alk - 8.5-8.7
Nitrate - 10.8
phosphate 0.08-0.1
calcium 435
mag 1425
salinity - 1.026
Temp 77-79

IMG_3036.JPG
I think I see a shrimp, if so, is stealing the food and is damaging the scoly.
Shrimps and LPS can be problematic.

I removed my shrimp and everything happy.

OP
OP
kozzy

kozzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just from reading forums of what other people experienced and did to help them recover— seems that they struggle to heal if the flow is too strong and are also fairly low light corals

OP
OP
kozzy

kozzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp is stealing the food and is damaging the scoly.
Shrimps and LPS can be problematic.

I removed my shrimp and everything happy.
It’s a good guess but unfortunately not I feed the shrimp in the back and push him away until the scoly finishes eating. Also previous to being in this spot the scoly was on the complete opposite side of the tank and the shrimp doesn’t leave his cave.

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a good guess but unfortunately not I feed the shrimp in the back and push him away until the scoly finishes eating. Also previous to being in this spot the scoly was on the complete opposite side of the tank and the shrimp doesn’t leave his cave.
The scoly is super slow at digestion.
That shrimp will kill it, at night, while you sleep.
Will dig out digested food.
Look at the mouth.
Buts your call.

OP
OP
kozzy

kozzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scoly is super slow at digestion.
That shrimp will kill it, at night, while you sleep.
Will dig out digested food.
Look at the mouth.
Buts your call.
That could be happening then. Thanks for the advice. I will move it to the other side of the tank again and then just leave it alone and whatever happens happens I guess. Always the expensive one lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back