Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Desperately trying to find a link to the old iOS app or information on how to get the sbomb reef light working without the Wi-Fi module. The site had a link that didn’t go to anything for me. Originally used one of these for my old nano and then 2 on my 65. They had good enough spread and grew corals so looking to run them again on my refugium/ frag tank stock tank I have in the basement to save money over the 8bulb t5 that has been overkill. Currently only have the app for the newer gold sbomb so I only have one light working. These things don’t have any way to just be on/off or controlled manually from what I could find so I’m willing to do some diy if anyone has figured out how to take out the Wi-Fi module and get them working without it.

Top Shelf Aquatics

oreo54

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Desperately trying to find a link to the old iOS app or information on how to get the sbomb reef light working without the Wi-Fi module. The site had a link that didn’t go to anything for me. Originally used one of these for my old nano and then 2 on my 65. They had good enough spread and grew corals so looking to run them again on my refugium/ frag tank stock tank I have in the basement to save money over the 8bulb t5 that has been overkill. Currently only have the app for the newer gold sbomb so I only have one light working. These things don’t have any way to just be on/off or controlled manually from what I could find so I’m willing to do some diy if anyone has figured out how to take out the Wi-Fi module and get them working without it.
#12 doesn't help?
12. I have the old WiFi version and lost my password or can't find the app.

Opps misread your post. Guess you tried that already..

The Android app downloads.. Just get a cheap burner phone...don't need a service or sim card for that matter..AFAICT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattshell81

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#12 doesn't help?

Opps misread your post. Guess you tried that already..

The Android app downloads.. Just get a cheap burner phone...don't need a service or sim card for that matter..AFAICT.
I think that’s why I have to do the iOS link leads to a dead iTunes page that doesn’t even load. I have a few old broken androids since this is my only iPhone since like the 5. I’m hoping one of them works enough for me to set the lights and forget it. One of the few times I got burned going “cheap” on something for the reef. Things were still like 250 or something like that new and now they have no resale value at all and we’re kind of just left to figure it out since the Chinese company that took over doesn’t seem to answer anything and discontinued the wifi lights. Just want to get some use out of them since they did work well for me and my current lights increased my electricity a lot. Wish I could figure out a way to just remove the Wi-Fi module and run them on a dimmer or something.

Nutramar Foods

oreo54

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s why I have to do the iOS link leads to a dead iTunes page that doesn’t even load. I have a few old broken androids since this is my only iPhone since like the 5. I’m hoping one of them works enough for me to set the lights and forget it. One of the few times I got burned going “cheap” on something for the reef. Things were still like 250 or something like that new and now they have no resale value at all and we’re kind of just left to figure it out since the Chinese company that took over doesn’t seem to answer anything and discontinued the wifi lights. Just want to get some use out of them since they did work well for me and my current lights increased my electricity a lot. Wish I could figure out a way to just remove the Wi-Fi module and run them on a dimmer or something.
Well one can look at it as this is more an Apple thing.. ;)

It's only 1/2 orphaned...
Shouldn't be too hard to rebuild this BUT I can probably guarantee it would cost more than a cheap working Android phone..You may have issues depending on the version of Android though.
All the drivers/ps/controllers are in the box. Light head is just a fan an a 3 channel LED board..
How many "pins" does the cable have going to the light head?
5?
sbomb.JPG

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back