Sand on foot

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,

just brought home a big bubble tip from my LFS, it was in sand at the store so when it was scooped up it just had a bunch of sand and one empty hermit shell on his foot, i could not gently remove the shell or sand so I put it in my tank with the shell/sand on the foot, just want to confirm that it’s smart enough to release the shell and sand and attach to the rock completely, correct?

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey all,

just brought home a big bubble tip from my LFS, it was in sand at the store so when it was scooped up it just had a bunch of sand and one empty hermit shell on his foot, i could not gently remove the shell or sand so I put it in my tank with the shell/sand on the foot, just want to confirm that it’s smart enough to release the shell and sand and attach to the rock completely, correct?
They will do what is best for survival so yes, it should release and attach where it feels comfortable. Your BTA will be just fine.

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it moved without a problem as expected.. just to the back of the tank. woulda been nice if it decided to chill around the one in the front haha
IMG_0335.jpeg

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has nice color. Nems will be nems. Wish for it to hide behind the rocks and maybe it will move out front lol. My big blue haddoni was the center piece on my tank for 9 months then one day moved behind the rocks and has stayed there :crying-face:

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
so it moved without a problem as expected.. just to the back of the tank. woulda been nice if it decided to chill around the one in the front haha
IMG_0335.jpeg
Don’t worry… these suckers split… sometimes a lot. I started with three and after selling many I have well over 20 between RBTA and GBTA.

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it moved to a nice spot but now suddenly my other bubble tip is extremely thin, i wouldn’t think the same species would harm each other but.. possible it’s being stung?

IMG_0392.jpeg IMG_0391.jpeg

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back