Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any opinions on a saltwater pond being ran with biweekly 20% water changes, 1 lb of live rock per gallon and a appropriate sized refugium only? Could it work? Anything I can add (wanna skip the skimmer since something rated for the size of the pond is the cost of the actual pond) as far as debri go could a simple cuc of snails and urchins take care of it for the most part? all ideas and opinions are welcome as always you all help make the builds I do super smooth sailing with the combined knowledge. This will not be a reef tank and will be housing large fish.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any opinions on a saltwater pond being ran with biweekly 20% water changes, 1 lb of live rock per gallon and a appropriate sized refugium only? Could it work? Anything I can add (wanna skip the skimmer since something rated for the size of the pond is the cost of the actual pond) as far as debri go could a simple cuc of snails and urchins take care of it for the most part? all ideas and opinions are welcome as always you all help make the builds I do super smooth sailing with the combined knowledge. This will not be a reef tank and will be housing large fish.
The idea is refugium for nutrient export live rock for water quality and water changes just to keep water clean as you normally would.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pirates Reef Corals
Back