Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there R2R Fam! I am completely new when it comes to the saltwater/reef hobby and will be purchasing my first SW setup this weekend (75 Gal). Unfortunately this hobby isn’t very popular in my area so I will be road tripping to good ol’ Dallas, Texas to purchase a like new setup. A protein skimmer & lights aren’t included so I’m hoping I can find recommendations of what to buy on here for a mainly fish-nems-beginner chorals tank. Open to suggestions!!

Nutramar Foods

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Nutramar Foods

Pankney72

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there R2R Fam! I am completely new when it comes to the saltwater/reef hobby and will be purchasing my first SW setup this weekend (75 Gal). Unfortunately this hobby isn’t very popular in my area so I will be road tripping to good ol’ Dallas, Texas to purchase a like new setup. A protein skimmer & lights aren’t included so I’m hoping I can find recommendations of what to buy on here for a mainly fish-nems-beginner chorals tank. Open to suggestions!!
What up my man, Lived and was in the hobby in OKC for about 10 years and just moved to Denver. There's a couple good people. You just have to know where to look.

100% the best place to be is LeighAnne's shop "Aquariums" in south Edmond. It's not flashy, but her knowledge of the science of the hobby is excellent (and she teaches), she loves her animals more than she loves your money, and her integrity is absolutely impeccable.

If you're setting up your first tank I would also recommend contacting my personal friend Dave Madsen from AquaVentures LLC. Honest, confusingly hardworking sometimes, and very fairly priced given the product. He'll help you plumb and set your tank up for success. You can peek at my build thread and see what Dave and I designed last year.

Prestige Worldwide Corals has some amazing stock... but I recommend going in there armed with experience and discretion.

Gonna pretend like all my info isn't already on internet and not give my name, but you can tell Leigh and Dave the young doc who moved to Denver last spring sent you. They'll know who I am.

BRS
Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Step 1: Decide which fish you'd like to have and design your system around those fish.

kevgib67

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome glad you are here! I’m one that believes no reef tank is complete without a clown fish pair, many other hardy inexpensive fish do well with clowns it will depend on what you prefer but all need to be reef safe. There are plenty of beginner, easy corals such as zoas, gsp, sinularia (leather coral) and mushrooms that will help you with the learning curve before moving to more expensive and difficult corals. Consider rock islands for zoas and gsp so they don’t take over your main rock scape. Anemones need better water quality and stability and you should wait, at a minimum, 6 months. Best of luck.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! All I can say is read read read and keep the creatures that most excite you while still being realistic! Grow organically with the hobby and you'll be rewarded!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AFX
Back