+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I am currently using RSCP and I am due for another bucket soon, but before that, would like some input or advice from any of your experience with both salt.

For RSCP so far, i have no issues, my zoas and lps are doing fine so far (touchwood). But i have heard of reviews whereby some of the elements are way higher than it should. This is my worry long term.

For H2OceanPro, this was recommended to me by one of my LFS, as the more "stable" salt mix available. I have not had any experience with this as yet, and as such, any input or review on this is much appreciated. Are the elements and Salinity per gallon good?

Nutramar Foods

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RSCP's parameters are in line with what they recommend if you are following their Mixed Reef, Reef Care Program.

http://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-recipes/#recipe_1

It does have a much higher Alk than most. When I was using it on my 24g LPS dominant cube I was still dosing Alk but not much Ca and never Mg.

Its all I used for about 4 months on that tank and had no issues, never had super high alk, and my Mg ran on the high side but never outrageously high and I never had to supplement it!

Potatohead

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're both made in the same factory in Israel, just to different parameters. The H2Ocean has slightly lower parameters and there is also a secoond Red Sea salt with even lower still. All are good product and I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them, just choose the one that best matches the parameters you want to run.

Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back