Salt mix

RSREEFING

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I mixed some salt last Thursday, reef crystals. I have it stored in a 20 gallon brute container with a circulation pump and no heater. I was originally going to use it the next day but due to being busy and work I wasn't able to. Am I still able to use it for a water change? It's just fish in there currently.

Thank you for any advice

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I mixed some salt last Thursday, reef crystals. I have it stored in a 20 gallon brute container with a circulation pump and no heater. I was originally going to use it the next day but due to being busy and work I wasn't able to. Am I still able to use it for a water change? It's just fish in there currently.

Thank you for any advice

Its fine. Use it.

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix 50 g at a time in a barrel, no heater (even in winter, which get's around 49' here in SoCal) and keep it for a week to 10 days for water changes in 2x 200g tanks) - salt mix is fine with circulation pump. Also ok to add cold'ish water during 7.5 % water change - since it's a small % of total.

get-salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 93.3%
14   1   0

Thank you for any advice
its fine as long as the container is sealed. make sure it hasnt evaporated. check the salinity now making sure its the same as whene you mixed it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back