• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I like to support my LFS in anyway I can. One way is I purchase the salt they use. I’ve tested it’s Alkalinity and it’s bad. Not sure if it’s the batch because the salt seemed to have got moisture in it because it was hard but it did soften quickly when dropped on the floor like you would do with a bag of ice. The calcium and Magnesium were good which makes me think maybe it’s not the batch. Anyway.

There are so many brands and all have their good reviews but never a reasoning behind it and why you chose that brand over others. I-am curios to know your experiences with the salts you’ve used and why you use the salt you do. ☺

Also is there a way I can improve the alkalinity, would I just dose Alkalinity until I reach the parameter I am currently at? And if so how long do I leave it until I use it for a water change?

I need to buy a new batch soon and of course if I go with new salt I’m going to definitely need to setup my AWC to slowly introduce the it. I know should have been done that but still hands on with the sand bed until the year.

Looking forward to the convo!! Thanks again!

Crystal Sea Marinemix
Picture Below.
9286F73E-977F-449A-AE1B-A3F08E9F0782.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back