+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon reefers,

I have a quick question, so i have a Reefer 425xl and i am using the ATO reservoir that came with the tank using the float switch for ATO.

The last few weeks when i been doing water changes, i have noticed the salinity in the display is always 0.02 higher each week so i would start from 1.026 then end up at 1.28 at the end of the week.

My ATO works okay and i top it up every 3-4 days and keeps the level in my return pump section of the sump at a constant level.

But my salinity in my display and sump always increases.

Am i doing something wrong?

From my understanding the ATO is in the return pump section and you dont need a sensor in the main display or have i misinterpreted?

Any advise would be great, thanks!

Lee

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Hunter90 HD

Hunter90 HD

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tanks with ATOs and 2 of them have the sensor and makeup water going into the return pump section and have not experienced what you are experiencing.
Yeah its strange, ive read alot of reefers dont bother with the float switch and the ATO reservoir that comes with the Red Sea Reefers and replaces it with a Tunze ATO for example.

Cant explain it looks like the water in the main display is evaporating i did notice the weir level dropped too

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back