Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I absolutely love the look of the Sailfin Tang but I could never hope to have a tank large enough to properly keep one of these guys. Are there any fish out there that resembles the look of one of these that don’t get so big, specifically the tall fins ( they remind me of freshwater angelfish, which are one of my favs). Doesn’t need to actually be a tang either, just after the big fins. Looking at like a 3-4Foot tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

L0L_Z

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I absolutely love the look of the Sailfin Tang but I could never hope to have a tank large enough to properly keep one of these guys. Are there any fish out there that resembles the look of one of these that don’t get so big, specifically the tall fins ( they remind me of freshwater angelfish, which are one of my favs). Doesn’t need to actually be a tang either, just after the big fins. Looking at like a 3-4Foot tank.
Scopas? Yellow? An actual fw angelfish?

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 4’ tank you can’t really have any Zebrasoma tanks and you’re limited to the Ctenochaetus genus. Zebrasoma get way too nasty and active for a 4’ tank - I’d aim for a 5-6’ tank personally.

Nutramar Foods

SoFlo Reef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of the bristletooth tangs (tomini,kole etc.), or yellow/scopas would be ok. Also look at dwarf angelfish. Multibar angels in particular have that similar body shape, and all of them will do well in a tank that size. If you do go multibar though get a captivce bred one, as they are difficult when wild caught.

Top Shelf Aquatics

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A yellow would do fine, anything else needs bigger UNLESS your tank is 2ft wide
I highly disagree with this.
Yesterday I saw a beautiful yellow tang that was a good 5 inches, they really don’t do well in a 4’ tank and need a 6-7’ tank along with purples. When these tangs are fed well, they grow a lot. Purples can get to the size of a tea plate (possibly even bigger) when under the right care.

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back