Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to clean my used skimmer, reactors, pumps & powerheads to prepare for a new tank. I have read improper soaks of vinegar/water can lead to power head magnet coating damage or pump damage (where pumps become much noisier). I realize that the RATIO is important and proper length of soak.
I have read about Hydor Magi Klean. Any reviews?
Bottom line I would rather pay more for a safe cleaner than damage my equipment in any way. I am struggling to rebuild a new tank, so good care of my equipment is key.
Please advise.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long time ago I used the Hydor Magi Klean - it worked well. Then I discovered vinegar worked just as well and was much cheaper. I honestly don't know a 'correct' ratio - i just kind of wing it. But typically I'd say it's 1:4 or 1:5 vinegar:water and I let it soak (or run) for as many hours as is convenient inside 24.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told by Roger from Tunze that you soak the cavity of the pump and impeller w/vinegar for a short time, like hours, so you only need a little bit. But it takes much longer for the plastic shroud to get clean, use a 50/50 on that. And yes vinegar is your friend, I am always buying some.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back