Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running my Nyos 120 with a Co2 scrubber in a recirculating configuration. I want to add Ozone to this. Not sure how the ozone + the co2 scrubber on the same skimmer will react. safe to proceed?
I have a Nyos 160 and I feed the ozone directly into the silencer. I would probably run the ozone into the bottom of the silencer and the air line from the Co2 scrubber into the top of the silencer.

I assume it would be safe as everything (air, ozone) is getting pulled into the skimmer directly. You will need to replace the nylon screw in the silencer with a titanium one if you add ozone.

tanksoftwiddy

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nyos 160 and I feed the ozone directly into the silencer. I would probably run the ozone into the bottom of the silencer and the air line from the Co2 scrubber into the top of the silencer.

I assume it would be safe as everything (air, ozone) is getting pulled into the skimmer directly. You will need to replace the nylon screw in the silencer with a titanium one if you add ozone.
I am thinking about doing the same thing, but I run it recirculating style. My plan is to feed the ozone into the skimmer, output from skimmer cup to carbon filter, than through the co2 media. I think this will eliminate the moist/dry air issue while at the same time being safe. I think?

AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the Nyos 120 which i will be running the Ozone. Let me know what you came up with.
On my Nyos Quantum 160 the ozone port is on the bottom - but I switched it to the top with some flexible tubing instead (I found the tubing adhered too tightly to the thin port on the bottom of the Nyos and I ended up accidentally snapping it off trying to remove the tubing for maintenance).

BRS
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back