Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone combine these two meds before? based on what im reading seems safe to combine. treating what looks to be ich on one fish in a fowler. i just dose the last 16oz of my ruby ralley so this is whay i ask because i have a bottle of ich x on hand..

QT HIM YOU SAY. nope theres no catching him in that big tank. plus if hes got it then everyone is getting treated. Peroid end of the QT talks, because my 220 fowler is a giant qt tank. im not concerned or interested in discussing best practices to prevent in the future.

Last edited:
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby reef recommends kick ich pro be used with ruby rally pro to treat ich and claims the combo is reef safe. I have no experience using the two simultaneously.
Ich-x has fresh and saltwater products. I have used neither.

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone combine these two meds before? based on what im reading seems safe to combine. treating what looks to be ich on one fish in a fowler. i just dose the last 16oz of my ruby ralley so this is whay i ask because i have a bottle of ich x on hand..

QT HIM YOU SAY. nope theres no catching him in that big tank. plus if hes got it then everyone is getting treated. Peroid end of the QT talks, because my 220 fowler is a giant qt tank. im not concerned or interested in discussing best practices to prevent in the future.
1. You can catch with a fish trap.
2. If you don't want to do that - No - its not a good idea to use 2 medications at the same time UNLESS - the manufacturer recommends it.

Keep us updated:)

Avast

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby reef recommends kick ich pro be used with ruby rally pro to treat ich and claims the combo is reef safe. I have no experience using the two simultaneously.
Ich-x has fresh and saltwater products. I have used neither.
And in reality it could be merely fish surviving disease - as compared to an actual treatment - as to my opinion.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Unfortunately, you cant and wont win with a reef safe plan. Ruby Rally will work for velvet whereas IchX is a mild ich and fluke remedy which is also formulated freshwater and for protozaon and does not work nor is it reef safe.
Ingredients found in both are best as baths and not treatments. You are in essence mixing acriflavine with a watered down formaldehyde.
If there is such a Phrase- " Do it right" - Do it right.
If your fish have ich- Go after it before you have a totally infected tank. Instructions for both product even suggest treating in Quarantine setting.
Fish Trap for me VERY effective - I ALWAYS catch them.
Tear your tank apart and catch the fish?? - ID RATHER RESET THE ROCK THAN HAVE A TOTAL WIPEOUT DUE TO DISEASE.

You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Neptune
Back