Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have a 20 gallon tank with a firefish, maroon clown, cleaner shrimp, long tentacle anemone, and a royal gramma. I noticed the Gramma (the newest edition to the tank) has a few little dots that I suspect to be ich. I was wondering if a methylene blue dip would be beneficial? If so, how would I go about doing this? and how long should they be dipped for? - Thanks

AquaCave Logo Banner

KING KONG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have a 20 gallon tank with a firefish, maroon clown, cleaner shrimp, long tentacle anemone, and a royal gramma. I noticed the Gramma (the newest edition to the tank) has a few little dots that I suspect to be ich. I was wondering if a methylene blue dip would be beneficial? If so, how would I go about doing this? and how long should they be dipped for? - Thanks
U can add photo in white light for confirmation of disease
[HASH=55964]#fishmedic[/HASH]

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi,

Dips of any sort will not work. Dips are never 100% effective and then, putting the fish back into the tank will just cause them to be reinfected. Additionally, all fish in the tank have been exposed, so they all will need to be treated and then held out of the tank (the shrimp and anemone would stay) for 45 to 60 days. This requires a second treatment tank for the fish where they would be dosed with copper or given a hyposalinity treatment.

Not all white spots are ich, can you post a clear picture?

Jay

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Methelyne blue wont do much here. Coppersafe at 2.0-2.25 with added aeration and good water quality, and increase aeration.
Metrozanidole will also work for gramma but tricky. It is important you dont go high with these meds as there is risk of overdose and copper should be monitored with Hanna HR kit- dont bother with Api brand.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back