Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This normally shy royal gramma as of today, has been picking at the extended tentacles of my torch. My six line wrasse usually keeps the gramma in his place (one side of the tank) but I have caught him several times today in the act. He's only nipping at the end of the tentacles...any thoughts besides flushing him?

Top Shelf Aquatics

reeftivo

skim junkie
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes!

if you can catch it give it to your LFS for some store credit. don't flush the poor kid. they are beautiful fish but hit or miss with corals, especially LPS.
if it has a rock structure it sleeps in at night you can try slowly pulling that to get it out into a bowl or just use the coke bottle method.

oops, loaded the wrong video LOL. here's the bottle method

others have even used lures or hooks to get theirs (cruel) but i guess you have to weight a 100+ dollar coral against a 20- 30 dollar fish.

good luck and hope others reply with other ideas

Tivo

Nutramar Foods

fullinfusion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was joking about flushing him and I do feed twice a day.
I know lol, it's obvious ppl here just vent and I gotcha! Yeah it's frustrating to say the least having a fish nibble on a nice coral for sure.

How long has the fish been in the tank? My orchard dottyback took a swipe at a new blue mushroom frag a while ago just because I moved it in towards one of his many cave entrances. It only happened once and it was just him being territorial I'm thinking. He does get curious at times with some gravel snails that stick there periscope out from the sand bed at times and I almost think he's going to take a nip but nope, just making sure everyone is accounted for and nothing else snuck in the tank lol.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back