Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 65 display, heavy on the rock I'd say. Thinking of adding a Gramma but have heard mixed reviews about their aggression. I recently, though, read several accounts of them being kept with assessors without issue, which was my hesitation since I got the assessor a year and a half ago, so I'm considering it now.

Assuming it and the assessor work things out, I'm trying to get a sense of how aggressive I should expect it to be toward more delicate fish, such as a flasher wrasse I have, or other potential new introductions like a Helfrichi I'm potentially planning to get too. Obviously every fish is different but thoughts as to whether the Gramma could pose a concern to any of these additions would be greatly appreciated!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very similar species so it's probably going to depend on the individuals. Both can be kept in groups but should all be added at the same time. Adding new fish to a system with established fish is more likely to have aggession issues. Having two males which are generally larger but not always easy to identify also will cause issues as the fight for dominance. So procede wiht caution and be ready to rehome someone if things don't work out.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back