Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a basic 4 stage RODI system, currently attached to my kitchen sink faucet. It's ugly, tubing running all over the place and the unit sitting on my counter.

I'm wondering how I might go about installing it under my sink. I wonder if it can be done without the reservoir and what fittings and materials I need. Just a general overview, as I don't have the specific measurements yet.

Obviously the goal is to have one of those nice looking small faucets to serve up the rodi.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
allsite

allsite

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pix of RODI also are you referring to a drinking water RODI?... bc RODI for reef aquarium don't come/use the reservoir container.
It's just the basic 4 stage from BRS. I actually don't use DI and do drink the water. My reefs are just nanos, so I fill them from a 1 liter bottle that fills in the sink.

Top Shelf Aquatics

nosduj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is installed under the sink, I have the BRS 5 stage 150gpd unit, along with a pressure tank and faucet for RO water. I used a t fitting between the RO and DI sections with a one way valve after the t fitting, so that my DI water doesn't get into my drinking water tank. All of this is under my kitchen sink on one side.

211489-5stagepremiumws150gpd.jpg

OP
OP
allsite

allsite

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is installed under the sink, I have the BRS 5 stage 150gpd unit, along with a pressure tank and faucet for RO water. I used a t fitting between the RO and DI sections with a one way valve after the t fitting, so that my DI water doesn't get into my drinking water tank. All of this is under my kitchen sink on one side.

211489-5stagepremiumws150gpd.jpg
Is the pressure thank mandatory or a convenience thing? Would a t valve on the cold water connector under the sink, attached to a faucet up top work?

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the pressure thank mandatory or a convenience thing? Would a t valve on the cold water connector under the sink, attached to a faucet up top work?
You'll need the tank if you want pressurized RO water to drink. Otherwise it will just trickle out of the fuacet. You'll also want to tee it after the membrane but before the di for drinking water.

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back