Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm replanning my saltwater mixing setup. Currently I have a 55 and a 75gal container to hold my rodi water in my basement. I use a transfer pump I got from menards to pump the rodi to a 55gal mixing station that is in a spare room. Have a jebao dcp 5000 to mix the saltwater and to pump it to my dt. I want to move my mixing station to the basement and am wondering if there is a way to connect it to my rodi but keep a way to pump rodi upstairs for my ato and I use it for my fw tanks as well.

Nutramar Foods

snackpack

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm replanning my saltwater mixing setup. Currently I have a 55 and a 75gal container to hold my rodi water in my basement. I use a transfer pump I got from menards to pump the rodi to a 55gal mixing station that is in a spare room. Have a jebao dcp 5000 to mix the saltwater and to pump it to my dt. I want to move my mixing station to the basement and am wondering if there is a way to connect it to my rodi but keep a way to pump rodi upstairs for my ato and I use it for my fw tanks as well.

Just put a switching tee on your output on the RODI, or a regular tee if you want to run water to both locations at the same time. The RO unit should be able to handle the head pressure just fine, as it's fed from the household water pressure

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few things. Yes, totally possible. Ensure that the pump you use to send the water upstairs has enough head pressure to span the distance. More importantly, do not plumb it directly to top off your sump. Plumb it to topoff your ato res and handle topoff in your sump from there. If your shutoff fails, it is better to flood your ato res with FW than your DT. Make sense?

OP
OP
S

Smokeshow

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a 55gal tank just like the 75g from Home Depot. But wont get here until March 9th. And a Jebao dcp15000. The 75gal will be the rodi storage and will mix in the 55gal. Now I have to decide if I want to use the dcp 5000 to mix and the 15000 to pump it upstairs on just use the 15000 and keep the 5000 as a spare for something else. Might make a cheap frag tank. But I need more corals for that.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back