Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have a 5 stage RODI that I have had for well over a year now and have never had any problems. A few days ago I replaced all the cartridges' and membrane and it was working fine, TDS was at 0. I went to go make water yesterday and didnt notice the line going from the membrane to the DI was kinked. I noticed about 40min later when I checked on the water and unkinked it. After fixing it I noticed that there is no more waste water at all. All the water is going to the clean side. How do I fix this? Do I need a new membrane? I'm having trouble finding information online and my LFS isn't helpful with this situation.

Thank you all

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a manual flush valve restrictor combo, a restrictor without a flush valve, or an electronic automatic restrictor flush valve? I ask as that would be my first step in troubleshooting. Remove the restrictor and see if water flows out without it. Process of elimination, might have to work backwards from there.

OP
OP
R

reefpunk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a manual flush valve restrictor combo, a restrictor without a flush valve, or an electronic automatic restrictor flush valve? I ask as that would be my first step in troubleshooting. Remove the restrictor and see if water flows out without it. Process of elimination, might have to work backwards from there.
Its a restrictor without a flush valve I think. I've tried removing it all together and nothing comes out. The water pours out of the clean side and when checking TDS its at 170.
Prob dumb question did you install everything correctly and removed all plugs from filters?
Yeah I double checked everything. It was working fine for 15 gallons a few days ago. Yesterday I go to make water and didnt check the lines. Came back 40min later to see how close it was to filling my bucket and saw no water in the bucket. I check and see a kink which i fix and instantly its tons of water. Enough that it could fill a 5g bucket in 5-10min compared to my usual time of 1.15hr

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have it mis-plumbed. No way the "clean side" should be 170 ppm TDS. Feel free to give us a call when you are in front of the system.
Emily
513-312-2343

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back