RODI Filter Help: Water is only coming out of drain line

Robert_Popa_918

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased this RODI filter second hand. I’ve been running it as is for the last few months and during this time I’ve noticed that my reef has algae issues. I figured that must mean the cartridges must need replaced so I went ahead and purchased them all. Upon opening up the filter, I’ve noticed that the previous owner had somehow put every single part of the filter wrong. He had put the first 2 stages to be carbon filters and the 3rd to be a sediment filter. And both the 4th&5th stages were attached backwards and weren’t even having water flow through them. Water was all coming through only the first 3 stages.

I went ahead and tried reassembling the filter the right was (there was some confusion when connecting the 3rd stage to the 4th and 5th). However I do believe I have it set up the proper way. The issue is that whenever I start the faucet, water is only coming out of the drain line and nothing is coming through to the product line. In the 4th stage, there are 2 outlets. One is supposed to go to the drain and the other is supposed to connect to the 5th stage. All the water is only flowing out of the drain line. I’m not sure what I did wrong. The yellow line is connected to the faucet, red line is the product water, and black line is the drain water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6479.jpeg IMG_6480.jpeg

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your auto shutoff valve does not look to be hooked up correctly

OP
OP
Robert_Popa_918

Robert_Popa_918

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your auto shutoff valve does not look to be hooked up correctly
Is that the little white piece which has the 4 openings? How should it be rigged up? I don’t quite understand how it works. All I was focused on was aligning the In and Out connections with the rest of the filter.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the little white piece which has the 4 openings? How should it be rigged up? I don’t quite understand how it works. All I was focused on was aligning the In and Out connections with the rest of the filter.

Yes. Normally the high pressure side it opposite the screw heads. Is there any markings on it? Did you disconnect it while you were working on it?

OP
OP
Robert_Popa_918

Robert_Popa_918

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Normally the high pressure side it opposite the screw heads. Is there any markings on it? Did you disconnect it while you were working on it?
I did disconnect it because it did seem to be rigged completely opposite. There’s no marking on it besides In and Out. And the previous owner had it rigged backwards. So the outwards facing the 3rd stage and the inwards facing towards the 4th and 5th stage. I was in shock of how backwards this filter was set up. From the diagrams I was following, nothing was in the right order or even facing the right direction. The auto shut off valve is the one piece I’m not able to find any diagrams on how to rig properly. All is says is “in and out”.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back