Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to have RODI water coming out of an RO faucet for cleaning tank items, NOT FOR DRINKING. The RO side of things works great with a pressure tank to provide drinking water. I have 60PSI going into the RO system with no booster. Gravity fed at the RODI faucet is just a dribble coming from the storage tank.

I understand I can not simply run pressure through the DI resin to fill a pressure tank on the other side of the DI.

Has anyone hooked up a pump to their RODI holding tank and run it to a faucet at the sink? I think something similar to what you would have in an RV to provide fresh water? If so, what pump did you use? Or do you need a tank and a booster pump to fill the tank with pressure?

Thanks - Looking for ideas on how to do this.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually RO pressurization is done with a pressurized storage tank you pressurize with air connection (compressor or bike pump). It's not recommended to have the DI on the pressurized system due to a couple of issues, mostly TDS creep causing rapid DI exhaustion. There's all kinds of recommendations and reasoning through the best way to do this online that cover it much better than me. Look at water purification suppliers as well as reefing community.

You could also set it up like an RV/boat from a tank once you've produced the DI in a storage tank (but it wouldn't be on-demand without same TDS creep issues).

All that said, I've read some do it and are fine with the higher exhaustion rates and manage it by emptying tank periodically. Like most things, there are trade-offs.

Good luck!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Projects with Sam

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I only have 45psi going into my RODI and its enough to fill the pressure tank. Perhaps you have a bubble in the line or you may need to change your carbon filters.

open all your taps and let it run for awhile.

I split off the drinking water for the tank right after the filtration but before it goes to the membrane let alone the DI resin.

OP
OP
M

MustaLine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it turns out we have using the pump below at the office to fill the coffee maker and fridge water/ice from the larger 5 gallon plastic jugs. Always wondered what that noise was. I think this will work to pump RODI from the storage container to a RO faucet and avoid any TDS creep or burning up resin faster than need be. I will post the results once I get it installed.

On Demand Pump

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're looking for is a demand/delivery pump. It will turn on and off automatically when you open/close the outlet.
We have them in stock.

Russ

Corals.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back