Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The booster pump on my rodi its super noisey to a level where it vibrated my whole house and i can hear it from my basement its crazy. Any solution for this?

Attachments

• IMG_1277.mov
    39.4 MB

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the Video, could you load pictures? Did you put a RO/DI Strainer before the Pump? The Pumps don’t like it when they ingest sand. . Should be to your water Source, Shut off Valve, Strainer, Booster Pump then to your Sediment Filter.

OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t see the Video, could you load pictures? Did you put a RO/DI Strainer before the Pump? The Pumps don’t like it when they ingest sand. . Should be to your water Source, Shut off Valve, Strainer, Booster Pump then to your Sediment Filter.
This is the video https://youtube.com/shorts/r_KFCjPPVAo?feature=share i only have an auto flush kit, but thats about it i dont have ro/di strainer? I dont think so

Corals.com
Nutramar Foods

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and mount it so the inlet and outlet are at the top. You may have air trapped in the Pump. Mine came with Grommets for the Legs, are they installed? You need the Strainer to keep sand out of the Pump. It sounds like mine when the inlet is restricted. IE I did turn the water valve on.

OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try and mount it so the inlet and outlet are at the top. You may have air trapped in the Pump. Mine came with Grommets for the Legs, are they installed? You need the Strainer to keep sand out of the Pump. It sounds like mine when the inlet is restricted. IE I did turn the water valve on.
Mine didnt come with grommets? It has the body and 4 screws i dont recall any grommets. The noise killing me

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the Pump to an ACE Hardware, go to their Hardware Assortment Isle, and get these to go in the Holes in the Legs, Don’t forget the Wood Screws. Your pump needs to be mounted w the tubing up, mount the pump vertical, so air doesn’t get trapped in it.
IMG_0353.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the Pump to an ACE Hardware, go to their Hardware Assortment Isle, and get these to go in the Holes in the Legs, Don’t forget the Wood Screws. Your pump needs to be mounted w the tubing up, mount the pump vertical, so air doesn’t get trapped in it. View attachment 3152100
Whats this washers called? And do i mount it vertically on the wood?

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noise sounds similar to mine. I don't think there is anything wrong with the pump. It's just how it is. The basement space is probably resonating it through the house. I've got mine in the garage.

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will respectfully disagree with your configuration. It's not that your suggested config won't work... but it is not ideal. The weakest part of these systems, in terms of ability to withstand high pressure, is the clear housings. Best to not expose them to the elevated pump pressure.

Booster-Pump-High-Pressure-Switch.PNG

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back