Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed all filters and membrane on an Aquatic Life twist in RODI. I have had it hooked up with water always on for several years with an auto shut off valve with no issues. Today I noticed the waste water running when the RODI was not in use. So I took the valve apart and it seemed a little dried out (but not brittle or falling apart) so I put a little Vaseline on everything and reassembled it. It still doesnt shut off. Do these valves have a service life? They seem pretty simple like they would never wear out but I think mine just did.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1685053812391.png

OP
OP
ianryd

ianryd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a new auto shut off valve, still have the same problem. I suspect the membrane (I used one that had been used lightly a while ago and stored sealed with water in it) is bad so I have another on the way. Fingers crossed

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
ianryd

ianryd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no luck with the new membrane. Just to recap, when the RODI is not making water, the waste water is still flowing. My Auto shutoff valve is installed correctly as it has been for years. I'm at a loss as of what to do here. I'm going out of town next weekend and need to get this figured out now!

OP
OP
ianryd

ianryd

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone following I did come up with a fix. Below is how Aquatic life tells you to route the ASV which is the way It has been hooked up and working perfectly for years.
1685147563386.png

But for whatever reason it stopped working, so I hooked it up after the carbon block like most other RODI units like in this youtube video and it's working fine now. I guess I'll never know why it stopped working but I'm glad I found a solution.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back