Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what everyone uses for to keep their rockscape together. Do you use putty, supergel or just stack? Doing a new scape for a build so looking for recommendations.if you don’t mind please let me know brands. Thanks in advance!

jerburton

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what everyone uses for to keep their rockscape together. Do you use putty, supergel or just stack? Doing a new scape for a build so looking for recommendations.if you don’t mind please let me know brands. Thanks in advance!

I think it really depends on what you are going for. For most scapes I think stacking while filling in with a bit of putty is sufficient. Alternatively if you want to go for the more elaborate/bonsai look, I personally have had the most success with the acrylic rod and zip tie technique. This requires a certain type of rock as very porous rocks won’t stand up to the drilling required. Then you can cover up the joint with putty. I find super glue works best when working with smaller non-structurally supported joints.

OP
OP
N

NanoreefingMP

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up pick this up today. I want to give it a try! AA6DDE48-A79D-46D7-9CCD-7EED406BCC1C.jpeg

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back