Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our rock flower has had a puffy mouth for about a month. He had a sting from another coral that fell off a rock. His sting has seemingly recovered but his mouth has just been puffy. I haven't seen him eating like he used to. Food will catch in his tentacles, but he won't eat it. Is he unwell?

IMG_0496.JPG

CLICK TO VIEW

Nemguy123

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I've never had a rock flower before I've only kept hosting anemone and when they are hungry and or eating, expelling waste or even sick they can have gaping mouths or expanded mouths hope this helps to

Top Shelf Aquatics

Esquire805

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our rock flower has had a puffy mouth for about a month. He had a sting from another coral that fell off a rock. His sting has seemingly recovered but his mouth has just been puffy. I haven't seen him eating like he used to. Food will catch in his tentacles, but he won't eat it. Is he unwell?

View attachment 507373
Mine is doing the same DOD you find a answer

jd371

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing the same, looks like that overnight and normal during the day. Also it is not as big as before, seems to have shrunk in size a little. I've lost a hammer coral, the frogspawn hasn't been puffy for some time and other corals seem unhappy. I don't know if this was a cause but I recently started to dose Vibrant to get rid of some turf algae and that was the only change to the tank.

AquaCave Logo Banner

CalseyRFA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone ever find an answer to this? My rock flower has been doing this over a year now... he’s still alive and colorful and eats and everything...just with a giant bulbous mouth.

jamie1210

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue gigantea had that for nearly a year. Would still eat, expand, appeared quite happy otherwise. Eventually, it went away. How did it go away? I have NO idea! One day it just started looking normal, and occasionally puffed up. Now it's 100% normal again.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back