+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I’m in the process of planning out a water change station in my garage. Unfortunately, can’t have the water reservoirs and rodi unit near the source. Would there be a problem running the feed line about 20-25 feet from the source? I will be running a booster pump which will be by the RO/Di and reservoir.

mid this has already been covered by another thread, please point me to it.

Appreciate your time and attention.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
Top Shelf Aquatics

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with it being no problem.

On the booster pump, maybe I'm confused. There's no need to pump the finished product (permeate) from the system to the storage, even at 25 feet away. If you mean a booster pump to increase pressure from the feed water into the RO, that usually is a good idea, as RO systems work better under higher pressure.

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all that has been said. I don't know how come 1/4 water supplies don't drop to a trickle with longer runs but I guess that the low friction of the plastic pipe has something to do with this? If you have enough water pressure to start with it seems that longer supply lines are good enough. I am curious how much different the system will function with the pressure pump vs no pressure pump? Seems like an easy thing to test while you are setting up this system! (Hint, hint! :) )

Nutramar Foods

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all that has been said. I don't know how come 1/4 water supplies don't drop to a trickle with longer runs but I guess that the low friction of the plastic pipe has something to do with this? If you have enough water pressure to start with it seems that longer supply lines are good enough. I am curious how much different the system will function with the pressure pump vs no pressure pump? Seems like an easy thing to test while you are setting up this system! (Hint, hint! :) )
I added a booster pump and it greatly increased my daily output.

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, yep. I was confused. Sorry. The question was about a long run from supply to the RODI unit, not a long run from the unit to the storage.

Yes, you may need a booster pump. I'm not sure.

Corals.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Breeders
Back