+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again, friends!

I'm buying my last piece of equipment for my 40 breeder. Just beginner soft corals and 4 or so fish. Looking at 4 stage systems, specifically Seahorse and BRS (and buddie) given my LFS recommendations. I'm an absolute noob to these systems, but have had a fowlr 40 breeder in the past. My water in Northern AZ was perfect, but NC is a whole different story. Whatcha guys think?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 150g per day 3 stage unit (can't remember the brand) and added 3 more stages after for di resin. I like to run multiple di canister so when the first is depleted I still get 0 tds coming out and the second and third chambers rarely get new resin as the fist does all of the work. Also I teed off after the 3rd stage before the di and ran up to the kitchen sink and added a a tank and faucet for drinking water. Actually My Gal thought I installed the system for her because she doesn't like our tap water :face-with-tears-of-joy: Just some food for thought.

PotatoPig

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have time hold out for a BRS sale, they tend to do them fairly often and you’ll get ~$100 off a 4/5 stage system.

My 2c: Go 5 stage, it’s only like $20 more than 4 stage. If it proves unnecessary you have a spare filter on standby.

AS
OP
OP
C

carnicomh

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 150g per day 3 stage unit (can't remember the brand) and added 3 more stages after for di resin. I like to run multiple di canister so when the first is depleted I still get 0 tds coming out and the second and third chambers rarely get new resin as the fist does all of the work. Also I teed off after the 3rd stage before the di and ran up to the kitchen sink and added a a tank and faucet for drinking water. Actually My Gal thought I installed the system for her because she doesn't like our tap water :face-with-tears-of-joy: Just some food for thought.
Lol can't argue with that

OP
OP
C

carnicomh

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have time hold out for a BRS sale, they tend to do them fairly often and you’ll get ~$100 off a 4/5 stage system.

My 2c: Go 5 stage, it’s only like $20 more than 4 stage. If it proves unnecessary you have a spare filter on standby.
Awesome, thanks man!

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back