Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone can help me with a design question. I have my ro/di unit in the basement and am trying to come up with an arrangement of holding tanks that allows me to capture both the ro/di water plus the 'grey' water that the ro/di unit generates so I can use it in my washing machine. Up until now I've been routing the grey water directly into the washing machine but as you can imagine the other night I forgot to set a timer on my phone and let it run too long which resulted in a wet floor.

If I run the output of the grey and ro/di water into 2 separate containers do I just need to add a float switch to each of them or is there another way I need to approach this? Just having a hard time wrapping my head around what might happen when one container is full but the other is not.

AquaCave Logo Banner

buckroe07

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the float valve in the treated water reservoir, once the float activates, it should shut off the unit and prevent the waste water from continuously running.

200011-autoshutoffvalve-main.jpg

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind your waste or brine will be 3-4 or more times as much as your treated or permeate. You will want a waste container at least 5 times larger than your treated container, something like a blue poly 30-55 gallon drum usually works well if your treated is only 5-10 gallons at a time. I would also plumb an emergency overflow from the waste barrel to a drain or sump if it were me just in case.

AquaCave Logo Banner
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back