Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to talk about my RO/DI booster pump.

My well pump never really drove my RO/DI system efficiently... so, I picked up a booster pump, from AirWaterIce. Came with a pressure switch to turn the pump on and off as needed. As it happens, it's the exact same pressure switch that BRS sells with their booster pump kit. Durned thing seemed to come on and off at random. It'd shut off at 60lb, and then the next cycle, it'd shut off at 30lb... sometimes it'd come on at 20lb, sometimes it wouldn't want to come on at all. Just didn't work right. Called AirWaterIce, they sent me out a new switch, no problems... except, after a month or two, the new switch did the same thing. A couple of years dealing with it, I bought yet another switch, same brand, and yet again, it's just not stable. These are $20 switches... just not reliable.

So, last week I picked up a pressure switch from Amazon. This one...
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FYCXNN3/

8 bucks. Same spade contacts, works from the same power supply, same 1/4" push connect fittings... but it's a different brand.

Been in service for a couple of days now. A bit of adjustment, and hey! It works! Very consistent. Come on at 22lb, turns off at 56lb. Every time. Anyone needing a high pressure switch for a booster pump, I highly recommend this one.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you also have a auto shut off valve on your system? This is the boxie looking thing about half the size of your fist with 4 ports. If so, the pressure switch shut off and the hydraulic auto shut off valve with conflict with each other. If you are controlling your pump with a high pressure switch it is best to get rid of the ASOV and replace it with a shut off solenoid valve that runs off the same circuit as your pump.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Greybeard

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input.

I'm using a permeate pump. Increases output pressure to input pressure, and stops the flow when they're equal. Don't need an ASOV (and I've never found them to be terribly reliable anyway!).

Since I'm using RO water for chilled water and ice makers, I need the pressure. Most modern refrigerators want above 40psi, mine works best at about 55, which is what I've got it set for. Gives me good pressure at the drinking water faucet, too.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back