Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the recent past, someone posted here or on RC to turn off your lights for a day to see what happens to your zoas.

(i forget who and where?)

at any rate, the result was when they open up, they appear to be much brighter the next day. more vibrant too!

these PHE are kinda finicky in my work tank. on the left, are two polyps that have been open for quite a while. on the middle and right, are 4 polyps who just woke up from a 2-day nap :D (they were closed up for 2 days, not sure why!)

the camera caught a subtle difference, it's much more aparent to the naked eye. but the camera still shows how the middle/right are more plump, royal purple, and brighter green.

nifty, eh?

enjoy! :D

PHE-closed-then-opened.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Who Dah?

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good eye!
;)

familiar w/ atlantisaquarium.net?

kinda funny - over a year ago, jouleen (the wife of the owner -- or maybe she is co-owner? but i digress...) helped name them 'strawberry krush' as they were similar to 'kiwi krush' but different colors. (at first she was going to call it 'the retarded zoa' -- which i kinda liked, lol!)

i had been begging 'em for a frag that whole time, heh! but they were attached to ming's prized tear-drop clam. ming had placed a rock next to it in hopes that the zoas would jump - but no luck. the zoas began to overun the clam, so finally ming attempted (successfully!) fragging them.

jouleen and ming surprised me at the bay area farmers market when they were available for sale! w00t!!!

but what is kinda funny, is that atlantisaquarium.net has them up as 'Purple Dream Zoos'. at the time of this post, they are shown here:
http://atlantisaquarium.net/LPSofties3.html

i don't know if ming knows that jouleen previously helped name them or not - and of course they are just as good looking no matter what the name. but that story still makes me chuckle a little! :D

it's a lot funnier now that i finally got some from them, w00t! :D

cya,
-Who Dah?

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who dah,

I had posted that thread on here after reading it on Muchos TOTM award page.

I'm glad someone other than myself tried it, and that you had good luck with it. Thanks for the info I think my tank is due for a lights out day!

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back