Return pump / MDP Smart DC Pump help with what pump to buy

Bobobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 50 gallon nuvo innovative marine with a 30 gall sump want to replace my pump with one that has a controller / wifi phone app. Decided on Jerboa MDP Smart DC Pump with LCD Display Controller for Saltwater Tank

My question is am i safe with the mdp 3500 ( 924 gph) or get the larger mdp 5000 which does 1452 gph.

my tank has one 90 degree from the sump and another 90 degree into the tank.

thank you everyone

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smaller is fine. But, I would go with the bigger one. Works better when dirty/needs to be cleaned less and gives you more options if you end up needing to run a manifold or other reactors. You can turn the bigger pump down, can't make a smaller pump move more water

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bigger. I have a Axis 90 in the same setup pretty much. IM 50 lagoon with FijiCube sump. Straight return shot and I am running it at 100%. It could use more power for sure.

OP
OP
B

Bobobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger. I have an Axis 90 in the same setup pretty much. IM 50 lagoon with FijiCube sump. Straight return shot and I am running it at 100%. It could use more power for sure.
sounds good thank you

OP
OP
B

Bobobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smaller is fine. But, I would go with the bigger one. Works better when dirty/needs to be cleaned less and gives you more options if you end up needing to run a manifold or other reactors. You can turn the bigger pump down, can't make a smaller pump move more water
true true thanks for the info

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back