Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not looking to frag this Toadstool at this point but the fake rock that it came attached to is forever growing Bryopsis and I want to rid it from my tank. I have already soaked the rock in H2O2 with only the slightest bit of the coral exposed. That worked for a couple weeks and now the algae reappears. So my question here is, can I cut the stem close to this plug and glue the stem to another rock? I know if I were fragging I would rubber band chunks to rock but not quite what I want here now. I have mounted stoney coral frags but never tried to glue a leather.

Nutramar Foods

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not looking to frag this Toadstool at this point but the fake rock that it came attached to is forever growing Bryopsis and I want to rid it from my tank. I have already soaked the rock in H2O2 with only the slightest bit of the coral exposed. That worked for a couple weeks and now the algae reappears. So my question here is, can I cut the stem close to this plug and glue the stem to another rock? I know if I were fragging I would rubber band chunks to rock but not quite what I want here now. I have mounted stoney coral frags but never tried to glue a leather.
Glueing any soft coral is a bad idea, these guys attach themselves for the most part, it’s like anemones, you don’t glue them and let them attach on their own.
As said above, either rubber band it against the rock or put it in a low flow area and let it attach on its own.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back