Replacing saltwater taken for samples for Trident & Trident NP with DOS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any way to program the DOS to replace mixed salt water taken from the Trident and NP tests? I have a DOS that I have not setup, but was thinking of doing AWC with it, and wanted to add water replacement from Trident tests.

for scheduled tests, I could calculate the volume of the auto tests and add the water daily that way. But is there a way to do it so that whenever I do a manual test, it would add the volume as well? I guess I could setup something with the Feed buttons? Hit Feed D to replace 30 cc of water?

What is the water needed for each test? 30 cc for the NP?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is there any way to program the DOS to replace mixed salt water taken from the Trident and NP tests? I have a DOS that I have not setup, but was thinking of doing AWC with it, and wanted to add water replacement from Trident tests.

for scheduled tests, I could calculate the volume of the auto tests and add the water daily that way. But is there a way to do it so that whenever I do a manual test, it would add the volume as well? I guess I could setup something with the Feed buttons? Hit Feed D to replace 30 cc of water?

Personally, the volume of water taken is so small it seems the benefit is not worth it. One other thought, if the trident stops testing (out of reagents/like clog), the DOS will not know the scheduled test didn’t happen and add water

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that seems like an awful lots of extra for what is miniscule amounts of water

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just another thought, if you have an auto topoff, then that will trigger before you add more saltwater from an AWC. If you add the extra AWC water ahead of the Trident, then you run the risk of the Trident having an issue and you’re adding extra saltwater, which will increase your salt concentration over time. Overall, seems like a lot of coordination for the tank as @Mattiejay6 mebtioned.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely losing much more to the skimmer, if you run one.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is there any way to program the DOS to replace mixed salt water taken from the Trident and NP tests?
Unless you're running extremely tiny nano of less than a gallon there is no benefit to trying to do this. Even then I see no reason to.
If you are dosing 2 part you're probably adding more salt back in there than the trident is removing from testing.

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATO but push 300 ml of SSW a day via a GHL doser 2.1 to keep salinity at 35 PPT

4 (or more) GHL KH director tests per day, skimmer (very slow to fill) and salt creep are where the salt goes.

1719614086609.png

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juice isn't worth the squeeze. As noted above you lose more via the skimmer collection cup.

Edit: in my experience of using both Trident and NP.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back