Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was going to take some tank photos today and dropped my venerable Canon Rebel XSI/450D. It hit the ground and the mode selector button rolled across the floor - and it is now forever stuck in Shutter Priority mode. Fun.

Anyways - I need to replace it - and probably buy a macro lens and some sort of yellow/orange filter eventually.

Its been a decade+ since I've bought a camera body - so I'm a bit out of the loop. I'm totally fine with used (and frankly, would probably be happier with a higher end used body than a brand new rebel). What should I be looking at? Used 60Ds seem really cheap... where's the sweet spot? I've probably got $300-400 I could spend on a body (got a million other things sucking cash out right now).

GaryE

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at usedphotopro.com and lensauthority.com for good prices on equipment.

I used a 7D for a long time for doing motorcycle racing. I just recently purchased an olympus om-d e-m10 mark ii and couldn't be happier. I picked up a 60mm macro on amazon dirt cheap for it and like the results I get. I only wish I had went for a 100mm macro instead. One day.. ;)

You can see what I shot with the new camera here; https://garyeterry.myportfolio.com/aquarium

There are quite a few shots with the 7D on the site too, just not in the aquarium section.

OP
OP
92Miata

92Miata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at usedphotopro.com and lensauthority.com for good prices on equipment.

I used a 7D for a long time for doing motorcycle racing. I just recently purchased an olympus om-d e-m10 mark ii and couldn't be happier. I picked up a 60mm macro on amazon dirt cheap for it and like the results I get. I only wish I had went for a 100mm macro instead. One day.. ;)

You can see what I shot with the new camera here; https://garyeterry.myportfolio.com/aquarium

There are quite a few shots with the 7D on the site too, just not in the aquarium section.
I'm quite a bit tempted by the Mirror less micro 4/3 stuff. I had looked a bit at the cannon m3 - it seems like canon really wants to stay mostly in full frame and aps-c.

The much smaller size certainly appeals to me - the 450d isn't a big camera , but it still got left home a lot because of size.

Is your dirt cheap 60mm macro the yongnuo? I've got a $50 prime from them that is surprisingly good.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back