Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a new build and want to re-use my 90 gallon DIY sump I built a few years back but it was the first sump I built and I made a few mistakes I would like to correct. What would be my best course of action on removing the glass baffles that I siliconed on? Heat the silicone to remove it and then clean it off before reapplying?

CLICK TO VIEW

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning a new build and want to re-use my 90 gallon DIY sump I built a few years back but it was the first sump I built and I made a few mistakes I would like to correct. What would be my best course of action on removing the glass baffles that I siliconed on? Heat the silicone to remove it and then clean it off before reapplying?
Assuming a good razor blade would get your there. Its how old fashioned windows which were siliconed into place were removed.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only had to remove a glass baffle in a diy sump once and I just used a razor blade. I got what I could from around the panel first then got the razor blade between the baffle and tank as best I could until I could pull it free. Just be careful when youre cutting around the seam of the tank.
I also don’t know if heat would make it easier but in my limited experience it wasn’t too hard with just a razor blade.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Natural_Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to retrofit my Redsea sump and they have this kit for the job. I watched a few videos and seem legit.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back