Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a 14k Phoenix 250W DE Bulb over my 40G (with x2 Reef Brite LED Strips - Supplementing), and it's about time for a bulb change.

Replacement MH Bulbs are getting scarce in Canada and while I do have a spare 14K bulb, a on-line retailer has a Reeflux 10k available (1 left), and my preference has always been 10k bulbs with actinic supplement lighting so I'm thinking of giving it a try. Who knows what I'll do from a year from now...perhaps I'll have to order from the US although it seems bulbs are getting more hard to come by. If anyone has some recommendation on US retailers who have good bulbs please let me know.... I feel like I need to hoard MH bulbs like some did for Toilet Paper peak Covid

Anyway, back to the topic - any comments on the Reeflux 10k? I'm curious as to how it lights up the tank. For me the 14k Phoenix works, but I'm not in love with it unless the Reef Brite Actinic strip is on and I'm thinking a 10k bulb with actinic may be awesome.

Last edited:

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like 10k, these are very affordable
I hated them!

I loved 14K Phoenix? So maybe you will love plusrite? I quit with DE bulbs 4 or 5 years ago. I have a single ended MH but those bulbs are also getting harder to find? Not sure if they are not making them or if they are wiped out like COVID TP?

But for your issue; I noticed that the "DE" bulbs were/are changing to a cylindar end instead of the old style flate blade/DE. The bulbs I linked are the old style (They say DE but that designation seems to be fluid also.)

Someone else was looking for 150W Phoenix and those were all Cylendar but also being blown out as discontinued from a few different vendors in recent past.

Semisonyx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeflux 10k should be good, just slightly whiter than the 14k Phoenix, as I remember the Reeflux being slightly bluer than states. I’d personally look to see if you can get an Ushio 14k or 10k (from their website), but idk if they make it in the 250w DE variety anymore. Second would be a Hamilton 10/14k or even Plusrite, but 14k and not the 10k as they are much warmer than stated color.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back