+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy fellow reef keepers!

The time has come to fix the flow in my tank. My Jebao wave maker is on its way out, and I was never in love with the fact that the magnet isn't submersible. So, my question is - Do you have experience with ReefBreeder's wavemakers? Was it good?

My set up is a 40g breeder, mixed reef. Thanks much!!

Top Shelf Aquatics

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some assistance

Bruttall

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the Vortech MP10 for your tank, I run a pair of mp40's opposite each other in Eco Smart mode, one pushes while the other pulls basically. There are no wires in th etank with the Ecotech brand, only ones I know of use a magnet to drive the power head thru the glass, makes for a very clean asthetic install. You can just see mine under the overflow box. Sorry for the blue, I am not good with filters.

20230302_084310.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SaltLife77

SaltLife77

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the Vortech MP10 for your tank, I run a pair of mp40's opposite each other in Eco Smart mode, one pushes while the other pulls basically. There are no wires in th etank with the Ecotech brand, only ones I know of use a magnet to drive the power head thru the glass, makes for a very clean asthetic install. You can just see mine under the overflow box. Sorry for the blue, I am not good with filters.

View attachment 3049722
Thank you! I will check it out.

AS

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no experience with reefbreeders. I do have 2 mp10 on a 24x20x20 tank. They do ok but I don't think I would but 2 again. The best thing they have going for them is no wires in the tank. There is no adjustment of the flow direction and I find the magnets rather weak and they fall off when bumped slightly. I also have to run them high with much of the time on nutrient transport mode running 90%. I have 3 mp40 on 180g and like them. I have 2 nero 5 on 3ft x24in tank mounted on the back wall. I think I may have to add something additional like maybe gyre in the center but tank is cycling so will know more later. I also have an old tunze 6105 (I think it's a 6105) it's probably 8 years old and pushes water from end to end on a 40g breeder. Dependability goes to the tunze, it just keeps on spinning. The mp series have needed dry side and wet side replacement so not as dependable and get expensive to fix IME. I have also ran jebao and still do have two DC pumps as returns but the older powerheads I used didn't last long. But at the price?

Nutramar Foods

rtparty

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefBreeders equipment is just rebranded AliExpress stuff. Not knocking it but it’s the same level as Jebao IMO. They just have better customer service.

Nero, Tunze, Vortech all get my vote. I ran 2 MP10s on my 40B years ago. They were plenty and fantastic pumps. I now use 2 MP60s on my 250g peninsula.

Pic of my 40B from 2010:
E93DB432-CB1E-40F2-BE62-BEF8B89AC9C5.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy fellow reef keepers!

The time has come to fix the flow in my tank. My Jebao wave maker is on its way out, and I was never in love with the fact that the magnet isn't submersible. So, my question is - Do you have experience with ReefBreeder's wavemakers? Was it good?

My set up is a 40g breeder, mixed reef. Thanks much!!
I run all of my flow with reebreeder's RPMs in a SPS dominant tank and they move water quite well. They're very quiet once broken in and they move water in a really wide flow pattern all over the tank. Also, they come at a good price. Much worth the purchase!

flashsmith

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I got a lemon but on my RPM I've had the power head replaced under warranty and just had to replace the controller all in about the span of a year. Worth the price still? Yes compared to the big brands. I have 2 red sea reef waves on a larger system for nearly 2 years now and all I've done to those is clean them occasionally. The lights I like a lot. Even sold my radions to replace them with more reef breeders.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Bruttall

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to steal OPs thread but can I ask a question to all you ecotech MP owners? how quiet are they? better yet are they silent?
I never heard my MP40 until I set it to MAX flow and then I'd hear a little noise like a Vibration which could mean head not aligned perfect with magnet base when that pumped kicked it into high gear and started pushing 4800gph to 5kgph (it's max flow).

Running at 80% or less, I have never heard a whisper out of it.

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Reefbreeders light and tried 1 of the pumps but I got a bad one. It was loud, they sent me a new impeller for free. When taking it apart, the ceramic bearing was worn bad. Dust everywhere. Put in the new impeller and nothing changed. Turned it in for a new mp40.
RB has great customer service.

I don't like the MP40 cuz I can't direct the flow. I now have 2 wav and stuck the MP40 center back off the tank.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back