Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, has anyone seen a tank in someones home or does anyone run a tide pool tank? Building a 48"x36"x13" tide pool frag tank. I can go into the logistics of how I'm gonna do it later but I just wanted to see how anyone else have done theres. And as always pics are always the best!

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
D_Reep1106

D_Reep1106

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dilemma and what I was hoping to have answered is the top off water. I have a 125 sump running my 180 display and 90 frag tank and my idea to make high tide is to have my main pump dialed in to under what 2x 3/4" bulkheads could handle for flow at 8" of depth and then a timer to kick on a second pump pumping in about 1500gph that would go above the 3/4" bulkheads into the 2x 1.5" bulkheads. I would have the water volume to handle this from my sump but how do I deal with daily evaporation. If i run a standard ATO it would start filling and replace the water pumped out by the second pump and then overflow when the pump cuts off and the tank returns to low tide. Is there an ATo that can be shut off or turned to only be active during certain times with an apex? My other thought was to have the water come from a second tank but how do I get the water back into this tank and keep my levels all the same?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NYOS
Back