Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m setting up a 25 gallon cube reef, found one with a sump and stand for a crisp 100. I was wondering what kind of salt should I buy? Along with lighting? I want a mixed reef. Would a AI prime hd be okay? It 19(in) tall. Also Red Sea salt? Or fritz? I want something that will mix super easy! Also something that will be good for a reef!

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
mixed REEEF = Go with tropic Marin actif. I have 3 mixed reef tanks and although it costs a little more, will dissolve easily and give you more bang for the buck.
If too pricey, I recommend either Reef crystals , red sea coral pro or seachem salinity

Top Shelf Aquatics

ReefReadyYouTube

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone has a different salt they use. What ever salt you do end up picking. Stay true to it and don’t change. They all can have great results! Personally I would go with Reef Crystals, but from the options you gave Fritz will be best.

Top Shelf Aquatics

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used plain old Instant Ocean, but the new packaging bags mean that the salt is always a brick or clumpy when I need to use it. Also, it does not dissolve as completely as it used to.

I read somewhere that one the salt products mixes up with a 7.7-8 dKH. I'm interested in trying that one since that's the same alkalinity I target in my tank, but I cannot remember which one that was? Is it Brightwell Aquatics?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back