Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a paint does exist. I remember a woman on another Reef forum site painting the back of her tank white.
I think it was white? Might have been blue. Made a huge difference.

Sherwin Williams has a special Marine Coatings division. Call their technical people up and they can probably recommend a paint.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a handful of coatings available. The easiest of which i see comes from UK so shipping wont be cheap. But its already tinted to a variety of colors.

Or else youll have to paint the pond, and seal with clear epoxy pond sealer for any coloration besides black.

Nutramar Foods

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly confident all Krylon spray paint dries food safe as well but would have to search the forum for similar threads to confirm
Krylon spraypaint likely wouldnt last too long at the bottom of a pond lol.

Not to mention trigger finger from holding the can :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Krylon spraypaint likely wouldnt last too long at the bottom of a pond lol.

Not to mention trigger finger from holding the can :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
More mentions here so not sure https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-safe-paints-and-sealers.708234/
I have used it on the outside of a QT tank since it was mentioned in many threads as safe and the clear sealed over with the same fusion line clear coat and it still looks fine - but never tried inside. If super glue and silicone can cure safe I'm sure there are plenty of other paint options if one digs a little

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More mentions here so not sure https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-safe-paints-and-sealers.708234/
I have used it on the outside of a QT tank since it was mentioned in many threads as safe and the clear sealed over with the same fusion line clear coat and it still looks fine - but never tried inside. If super glue and silicone can cure safe I'm sure there are plenty of other paint options if one digs a little
Yessir. Im sure its safe for temporary exposure but reef safe vs underwater safe are two completely different things.
Just like food safe items are meant for very temporary contact...but i cant use NSF food grade silicone spray instead of pam.

Was just making an observational joke. No ill intent towards you :)

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir. Im sure its safe for temporary exposure but reef safe vs underwater safe are two completely different things.
Just like food safe items are meant for very temporary contact...but i cant use NSF food grade silicone spray instead of pam.

Was just making an observational joke. No ill intent towards you :)
Sorry I meant in water as well! I have no idea how long it lasts as no one seems to ever follow back up. There are numerous threads on it here over the years if someone is really interested :grinning-face-with-sweat: Like you mentioned, likely better longer lasting options! Just throwing something out that may be worth exploring as it is on just about every paint shelf :) No ill intent at all

edd59

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any options for a reef safe paint/spray paint I can use to paint the inside of my pond with? Right now it’s black so I want to paint it so it’s easier to see fish.
it wont keep the new color long. it will grow algae, and being a pond is not smooth like glass you cant really clean it. i have a 5000 gal pond with black liner, i wipe it down with a brush and cant keep it clean, not that it bothers me. its a pond, you only view from the top.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AF
Back