• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Pro Experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Male Pseudojuloides Atavai Wrasse from @Reef Pro and I am very impressed with the quality of this fish. In regards to the communication, Zach sent me videos of the fish eating and was responsive with any questions I had.

Due to the sensitive nature of this particular species, I opted out to pick him up directly from Delta cargo to avoid any mishaps with UPS. He arrived in great condition. The packaging was well done, plenty of water, and they provided sand for the wrasse to hide, which greatly reduced the stress during shipping. I also received a text from Zach checking on how the fish arrived so that was nice to see.

The packaging came with clear acclimation procedures and a conditioner to bind the ammonia during the acclimation process. I chose to drip acclimated for approximately 4 hours with an air stone and a heater.

Everyone recommended that I just conduct an observational QT with this type of fish so that's the direction I went, 4-6 weeks before placing in the display tank. It's still too early to tell if I am in the clear on the parasites front, but fingers crossed. It's so hard to tell with these wrasses since they bury themselves in the sand and it can sometimes be tricky to identify.

I was slightly hesitant to purchase from Reef Pro initially because they don't offer fully QT'd fish, with that being said, the wrasse I purchased is very healthy, active, and eating extremely well. He hid out for maybe 12 hours but by day 2 he was eating like a champ and I even got him accepting NLS pellets.

This being my first order with Reefpro, I was very impressed with the overall experience and the professionalism that Zach provided.

Here are a few videos I took.

Nutramar Foods
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back