Reef Octopus 120R bio churn

Hard2bej

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, looking for some input. I own and have used the above mentioned bio pellet reactor. It has worked great and basically flawless for years. After one of the tear apart and clean maintenance, I can’t get the recirculating valve bottom union to seal. I assumed the o-ring was worn so I have tried to replace a few times now to remedy the issue. I have used an assortment standard and metric oring pack to try and match the size. I don’t know if I need a fatter o-ring or what the issue is. Any input would be great, it’s driving me nuts!! I cannot get it to stop leaking. I ran warm water and citric acid through in my sink and it didn’t leak?! Was it the warm water? Thanks in advance

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anybody got some thoughts on this?

OP
OP
Hard2bej

Hard2bej

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well update, I wasn’t getting anywhere with getting it to stop leaking. I messaged coral us and asked what is the exact size or how do I get a new o ring, the response was is they don’t sell that particular o ring separate , I had to buy the whole dang valve. I did buy the whole valve with new o rings and the leak is finally fixed! But how can you not offer replacement o-rings or at least tell me the exact size of o ring? I don’t know how many have ordered from coralvue but the shipping is ridiculous, a $2 part will cost you $15 in shipping what the heck!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back