Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a xr15 gen 6 in the center of a 24" Coral Cover Hybrid LED Light Fixture. I was wondering if running 2 ai prime 16s spaced equally would be better than the one xr15 in the middle.

Nutramar Foods
World Wide Corals

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd get better spacing but the xr
Yes I am. I have the xr15 at 100%

I'm surprised that you need more light for that size tank. Is this sps dominant? Most corals don't need more than 250-300 micromols max. If you are wanting to replace the xr15, I'd probably still not do the primes since it would be a downgrade in other aspects in my opinion (color blending, meltability, spectrum)

Also remember that par is sort of misleading as a very wide blue spectrum light like the xr15 has a higher relative photosynthetic power potential than par value in lights when the recommended par values came in.

OP
OP
J

Jgill70

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd get better spacing but the xr

I'm surprised that you need more light for that size tank. Is this sps dominant? Most corals don't need more than 250-300 micromols max. If you are wanting to replace the xr15, I'd probably still not do the primes since it would be a downgrade in other aspects in my opinion (color blending, meltability, spectrum)

Also remember that par is sort of misleading as a very wide blue spectrum light like the xr15 has a higher relative photosynthetic power potential than par value in lights when the recommended par values came in.
So should I reduce the intensity of the light. Like I said I’m running it at 100%.

OP
OP
J

Jgill70

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh I'd only say not 100% for the entire day just to help prolong the light but you can run it at 100%. Are the corals not growing or stretching?
I have it set so ramps up to 100% and then back down to 0%, it’s a curve so it not at 100% for very long. The corals look good except for my monti which has turned completely white. Not sure why it is white, it still does have polyp extension.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back