Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased some Reef Energy ab+ and am curious about feeding coral with it. I am currently spot feeding my tank with a combination of Aqua Vitro Fuel and coral frenzy. The combination has been working good as far as I can tell but as I'm about to finish the bottle of fuel I wanted to try the reef energy ab+ after reading so many good reviews. My question after watching the videos red sea put out is should I only feed with the reef energy ab+, or do I need to add to it like I was doing with the coral frenzy.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure on this one, but I'll bump it up for someone who might be able to help. [HASH=1]#reefsquad[/HASH]

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polish_20200506_011127297.jpg

I've never used it. Sorry. Let's see what others say.......

Fishurama

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can and should still keep up with the coral frenzy. IMO Coral frenzy is more like Reefroids and is more of a fine grade powdered food, while AB+ is amino acids, carbs, fats, etc and is in liquid form which is absorbed easier which you can see when you add the AB+ your corals will burst open and absorb as much as they can which helps with the feeding response, and doesn't really fill them up like powdered or "real" food. I use both reefsroids and AB+ in my nem/LPS/softie tank.

Welcome to R2R :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kmill723

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you. I tried my first feeding with the ab+ and coral frenzy and everything seemed very happy. I turned the skimmer and wavemakers off and added the ab+ first and let it mix and cover the whole tank then when everything was nice and opened up I started spot feeding some coral frenzy. I turned everything back on after about 30 minutes and was very happy the skimmer wasn't going crazy.

Fishurama

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thank you. I tried my first feeding with the ab+ and coral frenzy and everything seemed very happy. I turned the skimmer and wavemakers off and added the ab+ first and let it mix and cover the whole tank then when everything was nice and opened up I started spot feeding some coral frenzy. I turned everything back on after about 30 minutes and was very happy the skimmer wasn't going crazy.
Glad it all worked out for you. AB+ really works and is cool to watch corals with feeder tentacles come out and try to grab stuff. Love the feeding response it triggers.

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I feed at lights out. Thats typically when coral feed best

somekindabonita

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you leave your return pump on? I have a bottle on the way, but saw on Red Sea's instructional video that they also shut off the return for 30 minutes in addition to the skimmer. I wasn't crazy about doing that because it'll set off my ATO alarm.

OP
OP
K

Kmill723

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I turn of my skimmer and pumps off for 30 minutes. After that I turn everything back on and my skimmer doesn't go nuts, so I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've noticed some of the colors popping a little more with the reef energy ab+ over the fuel

IMG_20200804_101758.jpg

Nutramar Foods
AlgaeBarn

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back