+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently purchased this lighting system for my Biocube 16 gal and having difficulty finding anything online that points to suggested % of light to add per channel (see chart).

I have the following but any suggestions would be great because I don’t want to give too much but also not enough:

Schedule 1: 11am - A: 100%; B: 100%; C: 100% (Day)
Schedule 2: 6pm - A: 100%; B: 5%; C: 0% (Night)
Schedule 3: 11pm - lights off

FE0290E9-7BF0-4BE4-A22D-81F691B84482.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently purchased this lighting system for my Biocube 16 gal and having difficulty finding anything online that points to suggested % of light to add per channel (see chart).

I have the following but any suggestions would be great because I don’t want to give too much but also not enough:

Schedule 1: 11am - A: 100%; B: 100%; C: 100% (Day)
Schedule 2: 6pm - A: 100%; B: 5%; C: 0% (Night)
Schedule 3: 11pm - lights off

View attachment 2851429
What is the aquarium?

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
L

LuisJr80

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to make you repeat what you wrote already. The better question would have been what is in the aquarium.
Currently, I only have a paired adolescents clownfish, a BTA and a few invertebrate (cleaner shrimp and Trochus snails). No corals as of now but I do plan on getting some soft corals in the next few months.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, I only have a paired adolescents clownfish, a BTA and a few invertebrate (cleaner shrimp and Trochus snails). No corals as of now but I do plan on getting some soft corals in the next few months.
OK, this is good to know.

It seems the forum members are behind in replying to your question. I bet somebody will have the answer.

Corals.com
AS

Smite

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like not a lot of people have used this nano version. Looks like a great little nano light. Your daylight duration looks good at 7 hours. If your BTA is inflated, colorful and staying put your lighting is probably right were it needs to be. If you find your nem keeps moving around, specifically up or really stretching upwards/loosing color then you may need to start adjusting your duration from there.

Channel A seems to be running pretty long, 12 hours, at 100%. It's also the bulk of the light. If the light output is low enough that's probably fine but if it's just to see the tank you could probably turn that down for the "Night" schedule. Your main light photoperiod is doing the growing and coloring. If the anemone is fine, you don't have to change anything.

Without PAR readings you're going to have to just watch your anemone and later down the road place your softies accordingly and watch them. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone using the same light and similar tank can help you on percentages if they have done PAR readings themselves.

Another option might be to contact RB with your tank type and livestock goals for a recommended level/duration. I'm sure they've done some type of testing with it.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back