Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was listening to a podcast today and they were complaining there’s not any online calculators for converting ppm/ppb of trace elements to moles. I haven’t looked, but it got me toying with the idea of making a reef keeping app.

Initial idea was to have handy calculators. Tracking for parameters, etc. But honestly, it could be so much more than that. I did an Apple App Store search and didn’t see anything “great” out there. Computer engineer here, so it’s completely doable.

Just wanted some feedback on if a new killer app for reefkeeping was made, what would you like to see, and how much would you pay? What are your complaints with what’s already out there?

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On Android I use this https://aquariumnote2.github.io/. This is the best app in the world and you can do those conversions on the app, as well as temperature and gallons to liters. It also gives you estimated water volume after you punch in sand and rock volumes.

More importantly, it keeps a journal for parameters and inhabitants.

Nutramar Foods

taricha

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feature request, and you can shoot it down if it's too difficult.
I take a picture of my hanna checker, it pulls the reading, what the checker is, the time of the pic and logs it. It should log it to the tank or project I have set as default (with option to pick logging to a different one for that session), and log it in the units I've selected as preferred for that parameter.
confirmation dialog of this sort.
"recording 18 ppb Phosphorus as 0.055 ppm PO4 at 7:30am 12/28/22 to Main Display [yes] [don't record] [different tank]"

I should be able to log it to a google sheet (because that's what I like) but others will want the app to graph it for them.

I'd also like it to read the syringe level from picture after a titration and record that as ppm Ca/Mg or dKH alkalinity.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back